The recent wannacry ransomware attack not only affected computers and billboards but actually impacted human life on a mass scale as hundreds of operations had to be delayed or
The recent wannacry ransomware attack not only affected computers and billboards but actually impacted human life on a mass scale as hundreds of operations had to be delayed or cancelled.
Organisations continue to suffer from external and internal attacks yet Cyber Incident Management is an afterthought in most companies.
Is your organisation prepared to respond to a data breach?
- Is your organisation ready to deal with regulators after a data breach?
- Are you able to comply with GDPR breach notification requirements?
- Are you able to measure your organisations breach readiness?
Including a Cyber Incident Response Plan in your GDPR preparation roadmap, will demonstrate to the regulators that you have the policies, procedures and planning in place to swiftly respond to a data breach.
This course will enable you to prepare a defined and managed approach when responding to a data breach or attack of an information asset. The content is intended for senior management and business executives who wish to gain a better understanding of incident response or are responsible for helping organizations plan and prepare for potential cyber threats and effectively deal with actual cyber-attacks. This is not a technical course therefore there are no prerequisites.
This training is available as a one day public course or a two day internal workshop.
GCT is part of the UK Government’s initiative to address the shortage of skilled cyber security professionals. GCHQ helps protect the Government’s communications and electronic data – it is one of the three UK Intelligence and Security Agencies alongside MI5 and the Secret Intelligence Service (MI6).
With so many cyber security training courses available – GCT certification enables customers to distinguish between reputable courses and ones that have not been validated using a Government endorsed assessment process.
The GCT scheme is underpinned by the industry respected IISP framework and assesses the quality of the course materials and the trainers’ delivery of the course against GCHQ’s exacting standards. Attendees can therefore be confident that they’re embarking on a training course that has been recognised for excellence by a UK Government developed cyber security scheme.
Delegates will learn and understand:
- The latest techniques and insight on incident response.
- Threat Intelligence led testing and response framework adopted by leading governments and institutions.
- Deep dive into Cyber Kill Chain and design an early warning system to lower discovery time from months to days
- Create actionable plans & checklists
- Understand, define and baseline “Normal” within your organisation.
- Stop up to 90% of all cyber attackers in their tracks and before they breach your critical data.
- Design and implement a response framework and build an effective cyber response team.
- Secrets of managing TV reporters and media journalists.
- The “golden hour” and why it’s critical to managing an incident.
- Basic application of incident triage, OODA and the Diamond Methodology.
- Analyse recent attacks and learn how these attacks avoided detection.
- Learn about security incident orchestration and how it can help reduce your time to respond and reduce human error
- Learn how to automate critical incident response tasks to increase employee efficiency
- Learn how to run effective table top exercises with management and your technical teams
- Learn how to assess your organisations breach readiness
Meet the Trainer
Amar Singh has a long history and experience in data privacy and information security training. Amar Singh has served as CISO for various companies, including News International (now News UK), SABMiller, Gala Coral, Euromoney and Elsevier. Amar, amongst various other activities, is a Global Chief Information Security Officer and Trusted Advisor to a number of organisations including a FTSE100 firm and is chair of the ISACA UK Security Advisory Group. Amar also founded the not for profit cyber security service for charities, Give01Day and is an Executive to the Board of the National MBA in Cyber Security.
Amar has the highest integrity, has been trusted by FTSE100 companies with some of the most sensitive commercial information and has been involved with highly sensitive forensic investigations.
He has the ability to deal with both technically the astute, board-level executives and lead an organisations information security direction. Apart from experience and abilities, Amar holds holds a number of industry recognised certifications, such as the ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer, MoR, CRISC and CISSP certification.
Amar is an industry acknowledged expert and public speaker and is regularly invited to speak and share his insights by some of the largest and most respected organisations in the world including The BBC, The Economist’s Intelligence Unit, The Financial Times, SC Magazine, InfoSec Magazine, Computer Weekly, The Register and the AlJazeera English Channel.
(Wednesday) 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Boulevard d'Anvers 40