Sundance, Boulder, Cinequest, SXSW, Lichter, Atlanta, Tribeca, Cannes, Nashville, Vancouver, Seattle, Mountainfilm, Sydney, Sheffield, Sunset, Nantucket, Melbourne, Venice, Toronto, Raindance, NewYork, eXPlore, Adelaide, Busan, Byron, Astra, Savannah, Denver, Montreal, Amsterdam,
Sundance, Boulder, Cinequest, SXSW, Lichter, Atlanta, Tribeca, Cannes, Nashville, Vancouver, Seattle, Mountainfilm, Sydney, Sheffield, Sunset, Nantucket, Melbourne, Venice, Toronto, Raindance, NewYork, eXPlore, Adelaide, Busan, Byron, Astra, Savannah, Denver, Montreal, Amsterdam, Tallinn, Dubai, Stereopsia… all propose now a VR/ AR (XR) section in their international festivals.
Cinematic VR experience is still a pioneering industry with “codes” mostly depending on current tech evolution (hardware, software,…). Everyone can still make a name in this world, and François Klein will provide you this week all the specificities of this industry in order for you to avoid regular costly mistakes in the creation of your next immersive experience.
The Full objective of this workshop is to provide you with a 360° vision of this new medium from a business, tech, production, artistic & direction point of view – enough to get you starting on your own.
PART 1 : “everything you need to know about Cinematic VR – art, tech, business, history”
- DAY 1 – History of Immersive Reality, 3D stereoscopy, market, tech approach of VR, limitations & possibilities
- DAY 2 – Approach of the image 360°, tech aspects, narration specs, user comfort
- DAY 3 – Making of a 360 movie, camera specs, postprod, tech evolution, necessary profiles
Objective of this module : full understanding of this medium & its stakes. Fertile ground to grow adequate projects
PART 2 : “A practical case study from story board to postprod”
- DAY 1 – Storyboard (based on a given scenario)
- DAY 2 – selection of a scene, direction, caption & post production
Objective of this module : Good understanding of all the practical steps for a cinematic VR project
Bio of François Klein
François Klein is a movie producer specialised in new technologies and S-3D contents. In 2013, He got interested in Virtual Relality and 360 movies. In 2016, he creates Digital Rise, a story lab production dedicated to fiction projects in virtual reality and new storytelling forms. In 2017, he shares his knowledges in the first guideline book about VR production and creative process (“Réaliser son premier film en réalité virtuelle, L’écriture et la mise en scène 360°” – Première édition Flexibound – 10 mars 2017)
- XR (cinl. HTC Vive & Oculus) installations will be available for students during the whole workshop at DigitYser.
- Seats are limited (10 to 15) and will be allocated on application basis. In case applications are equal and not enough seats are available, the fastest takes it. Every 2 weeks, confirmation on your application will be provided.
17 (Monday) 9:00 am - 21 (Friday) 5:00 pm
Boulevard d'Anvers 40