Data Science Bootcamp 2018
Di-Academy is organizing a 12-week data science bootcamp on demand of our innovation partners who are struggling to attract the right profiles. Sending an employee to the bootcamp is the fastest way to gain data science expertise within your company.
The target audience groups for this bootcamp are :
- young graduates who want to be fully prepared for a data scientist role,
- professionals with several years of experience who want to become data scientists.
We believe that the mix of these two profiles can bring added value to the group dynamics.
After the bootcamp participants will be certified in R, Python, SAS and they will be ready to tackle the most challenging data issues with different tools and techniques. They will also be able to communicate about data science in a language that business users understand. They will also build a network of peers and experts they have met during the training and coaching sessions.
The program has two Phases – each is explained in sections below :
- kick-start & tools & techniques
- business cases
Phase 1: Kick-start
The first part of the bootcamp is dedicated to programming languages because they are the backbone of data science. SAS, Python, R and SQL will be taught since they are the programming languages that every data scientist should be familiar with. An introduction to statistics will also be provided for participants that request it.
The training format will be coached MOOCs (massive open online courses). This approach allows every participant to learn at their own pace with the help of a coach. Participants will need to pass a certification at the end of every MOOC to confirm they master key concepts. Every week a dedicated coach will be available to support each MOOC. It is expected that participants will only follow MOOC for the programing languages that they are not familiar with. For example, if a participant is already familiar with R he/she doesn’t need to complete the MOOC for R.
We provide coaches for SAS, Python, R and to help bootcampers in their certification process.
Phase 2: Tools & techniques and business cases
Bootcamp starts on September 19th, right after the kick-start. Participants are expected to attend classes on Monday and Tuesday of every for a period of 12 weeks. On the other days of the week participants are invited to work at DigitYser so they can focus on a business case for their employer with the help and coaching from experienced data scientists.
Every week participants will be exposed to a new business case and toolset. The trainer will provide the source data, explain the business problem and present typical business questions that need to be resolved by the participants. At the end of every topic participants will be asked to present their methodology and conclusions. This approach ensures that all trainings are both business oriented and very hands-on.
Here is the link to the full program : https://di-academy.com/trainings/
We will cover following topics:
- Predictive Modeling Essentials
- Data Viz&Storytelling
- Big Data Architecture
Elastic Search & Discovery
Social Network Analysis
Internet of Things
Supply Chain / Optimization
- Finishing business case and presentation (optional)
The daily schedule of the bootcamp will look like this:
|Monday – Tuesday||Wednesday – Thursday – Friday|
|9h – 12h||Hands-on training session morning||Hands-on training session morning|
|12h – 13h||Lunch&networking||Lunch&networking|
|13h – 17h||Hands-on training session afternoon||Hands-on training session afternoon|
Cost and conditions for the hiring company
The cost of the full program is €15.000. This cost includes 24 days of training and 40 days of coached hands-on work on data4good projects, and 25 days of learning during the kick-start program.
Innovation Partners of the European Data Innovation Hub get a discount of 20%.
Training Partners presenting a business case during the bootcamp pay 6.000 €
Cost and conditions for the bootcamper:
In anticipation of your employment with one of the hiring companies, diHub agrees to pre-finance the participation of the selected bootcamper in the Data Science Bootcamp. Find below the agreed commitment of both parties.
Commitment from di-Hub:
- Deliver the Data Science Bootcamp (on Mondays and Tuesdays from 01/10/2018 until 18/12/2018) + the graduation ceremony (on 20/12/2018)
- Promotion of each individual candidate towards our extended list of corporate contacts + organisation of 3 Job Fairs
- Coaching and follow-up of the participants
- Access at reduced rate or mostly free to all datascience / Nextech related events & trainings
Commitment from the bootcamper:
- Active participation to all the sessions of the Data Science Bootcamp: 24 days
(including finalising each exercise)
- Exclusivity for all Data Science jobs for six months, from 01/10/2018 until 31/03/2019
- 40 days of internship on Data Science projects(as of 01/10/2018 until 31/03/2019)
diHub commits to do every possible effort to promote all participants of this Data Science Bootcamp to future employers. The aim is that these employers pay for your seat in the Bootcamp (€15000 VAT excl.). Once this fee has been paid, your obligation to follow the internship is waived.
If you are in contact with a potential employer, you need to bring them in contact with Philippe Van Impe or Olivier Dierickx in order to negotiate the training fee for the bootcamp.
Join the Forum to stay in touch with fellow bootcampers.
- Recap of conference "Beyond frustration - Captivate with stories about your data" alexisb
- Books references about dataviz ffsarrah
- Recap of conference "Beyond pretty - Data visualization that explain and persuade" alexisb
- Recap of conference "Beyond the gem - Top 3 misconceptions when presenting data insights" alexisb
- Colors in cultures alexisb
- Register to the Summer Coding Camp philippe
- SAS Base - Resources and questions SAM
- Database tiny Group learning Experiment beire_2018
- Statistics in R != statistics in python Irene del Carmen
- Agenda 5th to 7th week - From 10 to 28 September Olivier
- Intro homework 'Are we in danger?' Irene del Carmen
- Setting up your laptop for Git and GitHub integration (short guide) Aura Alegría
- Mini Project Upload Week 1 beire_2018
- Failed connection to SAS Studio Aymane NACHCHAR
- Agenda for the next weeks & some rules to our fellow Forum users Aura Alegría
- Intro Workshop on Source Control with Git and GitHub Olivier
- looking to code pair with somebody ricardo
- Job Info - Ivan Adanja Olivier
- Companies at the job fair Irene del Carmen
- Presentation of participants to the bootcamp during the Fob Fair Irene del Carmen
- suggestion: application for your audiences to be more involved in live Q&A on events beire_2018
- 2 Jobs received (email) - DB SQL Engineer & Senior Dev (Hadoop/Hive) Olivier