The 2019 Data Science Bootcamp
Information : the bootcamp will start early 2020
- For young graduates who want to be fully prepared for a data scientist role
- For job seekers who are ready for a new challenge but needs first to acquire new skills
A bootcamp in 2 parts
The Data Science Bootcamp is articulated in 2 parts with the obligation to succeed in the first part .
- THE TECHNICAL CAMP
- Starting date to be announced
- On the agenda?
- R, Python, SQL, SAS and AWS Cloud in order to get your certification.
- Machine learning
- An introduction to Stats (if required)
- The training format will be coached MOOCs (massive open online courses). This approach allows you to learn at your own pace with the help of a coach. You will need to pass a certification at the end of every MOOC to confirm they master key concepts. Every week a dedicated coach will be available to support each MOOC. It is expected that you will only follow MOOC for the programming languages that you are not familiar with.
- For those who are interested, there is a possibility to have a ‘Soft start’ during September with the access of the online platform (without coaching).
>> Our objective is to have you ready to tackle the most challenging data issues with different tools and techniques.
2. THE BUSINESS CASE CAMP
- From February 17 until June 19 (15 weeks)
On Monday and Friday, you are expected to attend classes at DigitYser.
You will be exposed to a new business case and toolset. The trainer will provide the source data, explain the business problem and present typical business questions that need to be resolved . At the end of every topic you will be asked to present your methodology and conclusions. This approach ensures that all trainings are both business oriented and very hands-on.
- On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
You will be invited to work at DigitYser so you can focus on a business case for your employer with the help and coaching from experienced data scientists.
To give you a flavor on the topics on the agenda ..
A detailed programme will be available soon.
A detailed programme will be available soon.
Contact Adélaide Cesbron @ +32 2 808 18 18 our by mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost and conditions for the hiring company
Cost and conditions for the bootcamper*
The cost of the full program is €15.000. This cost includes :
- For the Technical camp : 12 weeks learning on MOOCs, 12 days coaching and Q&A platform
- For the Business case camp : 15 weeks of coached hands-on work on data4good projects, 30 days coaching .
Innovation Partners of the European Data Innovation Hub get a discount of 20%.
Training Partners presenting a business case during the Bootcamp pay 6.000 €
The cost for the participation at the Technical camp is €220.
If you are a job seeker, please contact email@example.com
*For the business case camp, in anticipation of your employment with one of the hiring companies, di-academy agrees to pre-finance the participation of the selected bootcamper in the Data Science
Find below the agreed commitment of both parties.
Commitment from di-academy:
- Deliver the Data Science Bootcamp Part 1 (coaching a day/week from 04/12/2019 until 07/02/2020) and Part 2 (on Mondays and Fridays from 17/02/2020 until 17/06/2020) + the graduation ceremony (19/06/2020)
- Promotion of each individual candidate towards our extended list of corporate contacts + organisation of 3 Job Fairs
- Coaching and follow-up of the participants
- Access at reduced rate or mostly free to all datascience / Nextech related events & trainings
Commitment from the Bootcamper :
- Active participation to all the sessions of the Business case Camp: 30 days
(including finalising each exercise)
- Exclusivity for all Data Science jobs for six months
- 3 days per week during 15 weeks of internship on Data Science projects
di-academy commits to do every possible effort to promote all participants of this Data Science Bootcamp to future employers. The aim is that these employers pay for your seat in the Bootcamp (€12,500 VAT excl.). Once this fee has been paid, your obligation to follow the internship is waived.
If you are in contact with a potential employer, you need to bring them in contact with Philippe Van Impe or Adélaide Cesbron in order to negotiate the training fee for the Bootcamp.
if you have any questions, contact us :
Join the Forum to stay in touch with fellow bootcampers.
- Welcome to Discourse September 4, 2019The first paragraph of this pinned topic will be visible as a welcome message to all new visitors on your homepage. It’s important! Edit this into a brief description of your community: Who is it for? What can they find here? Why should they come here? Where can they read more (links, resources, etc)? You […]
- About the Site Feedback category September 4, 2019Discussion about this site, its organization, how it works, and how we can improve it.